Saturday, January 16, 2010

Finches wont eat out of my new feeder, cost me $24, it is squirrel proof, been up for 5 weeks...help?

Don't worry I live in the U.K. and it took nearly three weeks before the birds in my garden were brave enough to try it out.





One thing to consider at the moment is where you live is there any other source of food that they could be getting such as going to the fields and hedgerows to obtain ';fresh';food and insects.





Once they get really hungry it only takes one to be brave and try it out,then the rest will follow.Finches wont eat out of my new feeder, cost me $24, it is squirrel proof, been up for 5 weeks...help?
Unfortunately finches are not money conscious ,the feeder with feed has not made a impact yet ,what is the snack or tasty tidbit that usually attracts them,try starting out by placing that in this new feeder,might just catch their attention,with pets we need patience %26amp; innovation,till something works out.Finches wont eat out of my new feeder, cost me $24, it is squirrel proof, been up for 5 weeks...help?
Some kinds of feeders appeal more to certain kinds of birds. What kind of feeder are you using? And are you using the same kind of birdseed that attracted them before?
  • bumble and bumble
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment