Saturday, January 16, 2010

How do I keep Squirrels off of my brid feeder?

It seems like no matter where I put the thing, they always eat the seed!How do I keep Squirrels off of my brid feeder?
It makes little difference where the feeder is placed, the squirrels will get to it. I've tried using guards on the feeder pole, but the varmits are such good acrobats they can still climb under it and get over with little trouble. The best solution I've found was a special feeder that has a spring activated bar that closes off the feed if the weight on it is greater than a bird's. This works pretty well. A feeder like this is available at most department stores like K-Mart, Target or Woolco. You can also order a better quality feeder of the kind from some of the specialty companies which you can find with a Web search. Good luck in discouraging those pesky critters.How do I keep Squirrels off of my brid feeder?
You can lube it with vasoline. I know....it sounds mean, but it's hillarious! (and it works) Otherwise, throw bird seed or rabbit feed on the ground so they don't have to fight for the food!
Make a small hole in the center of a metal bowl wider than the feeder and run the wire from the feeder through the bowl with a piece of plastic or metal pipe in between. Works every time.
If it's on a pole, grease it, Also, put a cover over it, like a dome, so they can't jump on it.
You can buy a special bird feeder maybe in pet stores that's designed to prevent squirrels on reaching inside.Only birds can use it.Its really neat.
If you have it on a pole put a squirrel baffle under the feeder, this stops the squirrels from climbing the pole and getting in that way. Other than that I have no ideas, have had the same problem for years until I purchased a feeder that closes if too much weight is placed on the bar.


If you do have a pole and want a good laugh put a little grease on the pole about 1/2 up and watch the squirrels slide down the pole while trying to climb it.
u shoot em!
they have guards they look like the things you put on your dog when you get their ears cut. or get a pellet gun
Some ways are cheap, some are not.





http://www.paulnoll.com/Oregon/Birds/Hom鈥?/a>





http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/im鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment