Monday, January 18, 2010

Squirrels attacking small bird's tube feeder?

I need a solution to stop the squirrels from climbing the thin iron Sheperd's pole .... after the small bird feeder. Any solutions? They climb the pole so easily and clean out the feed in no time flat. Thanks all for any suggestions.Squirrels attacking small bird's tube feeder?
Rub Vaseline, or cooking oil on the pole. It stays invisible, but, the squirrels cant climb the pole.Squirrels attacking small bird's tube feeder?
Tried chili, oil and none worked for me? My furry pets got fatter and just de-greased the stuff. I even bought the black marine grease. The bird stores sell a big plastic shield called a Witches Hat. It fastens to the top of the Shepard's pole perfect. It was pure satisfaction watching them try all summer with no Luck to get the seed. I paid about 25.00 for it. and it was worth it.
put some hot chilii powder in with the seed. the squirrels will stop coming. It does not bother the birds at all.
Try putting a generous covering of ';Grease'; on the pole, I'll garantee they won't climb it again

No comments:

Post a Comment