Saturday, January 16, 2010

How can I keep squirrels off of our bird suet feeder?

We have a suet feeder for birds.


We get all kinds of wild birds, but the suet is expensive, and we keeps getting squirells climbing up our deck, and onto the feeder and eating all the suet.





My dad wants to shoot them, or put them in a have-a-heart trap and drop them off a mile away.





But I don't agree with either of those plans.





Is there anything NATURAL we can do to repel the squirrels?How can I keep squirrels off of our bird suet feeder?
lol. For fun my husband and I spray the feeders with PAM or put vaseline on them for a cheaper alternative. It only works for a little bit but they cannot get up the feeder and if they do they fall off. Not only do they stay off the feeder but it is really funny to watch.





I love birds (I have three of my own) and the squirrels get annoying (although I find them cute - NOT on the feeder).How can I keep squirrels off of our bird suet feeder?
Hang the feeder where it is not possible for the squirrels to climb to it. The birds will still be able to hang on it and eat.
Use red pepper in the suet (I make my own). The squirrels don't like it, but it doesn't seem to bother the birds.
quit discriminating against squirrels they are animals to u know
grease.
catch them and squirt hot sauce up thier ***

No comments:

Post a Comment