Monday, January 18, 2010

Will squirrels get into hummingbird feeders?

I am thinking about having some hummingbird feeders. I don't want to have to deal with squirrels getting into it all the time. does anyone know anything about this?Will squirrels get into hummingbird feeders?
I am looking out into my backyard watching a squirrel drink out of my hummingbird feeder right now!!!





I think if they get hungry enough, nothing is sacred! I had a family of squirrels tear up the cushions off my patio set to use in building their nest...





Sorry for the bad news!Will squirrels get into hummingbird feeders?
I had to quit buying feeders cuz the squirrels chewed up and broke 4 of them, and also tore up all my seed feeders too, and just wasted it. All i can have is finch feed in my feeder cuz they don't like that. Maybe if you got the real small ones that hang from a porch roof, it'll work.
I have had Hummingbird feeders before, and Squirrels never bothered with them. Try getting one that sticks to the window, Just stick it high up so the Squirrels can't reach it. But I don't really think Squirrels like sugar water.
I wouldn't think that squirrels would be interested in sugar water that is colored with food coloring. Squirrels like nuts and seeds. They usually get into your bird feeders because there are sunflower seeds in the seed mix.
Squirrels have no interest in sugar water mixtures only bird seed. Your hummingbirds would be safe from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment