Saturday, January 16, 2010

Is there anyway i can make a squirrel feeder on a fence or telephone pole?

We used to have a 125 foot oak in my back yard but when katrina hit the tree almost fell on our house. We quickly hired people to cut it down. But as soon as we cut down the tree all the squirrels\ disappeared Is there anyway i can hang a feeder or build a feeder for a telephone pole that's in my back yard? I have seen a squirrels traveling along the fence so i know they can do it. Also, right behind my back yard is the swamp. Good thing? or Bad thing?Is there anyway i can make a squirrel feeder on a fence or telephone pole?
Well in the north, we try all sorts of tactics to keep squirrels AWAY from our bird feeders. They are amazingly ingenious in the ways they can climb and balance and outwit all our efforts. I'd bet that any old bird feeder you hung out there would attract squirrels. Nail one to the fence, or on a pole near the fence so they can jump onto it.





I'll bet the oak tree was more than a food source to all your furry friends. It may have been home to them as well. Take care that by inviting them back, they don't move into your attic or crawlspace. I don't know how the swamp figures into things except for gators and skeeters.

No comments:

Post a Comment