Saturday, January 16, 2010

I have a school house bird feeder, the birds eat from a ledge that goes all around, I have 1 squirrel baffle,?

on top, but those squirrels still can get on the ledge to eat, I don't want the squirrels on the feeder at all. I really would appreciate any helpful suggestions. The best one gets chosen as best answer, and you know what that means? Thanks ahead for any help.I have a school house bird feeder, the birds eat from a ledge that goes all around, I have 1 squirrel baffle,?
What kind of baffle do you have? On pole-mounted feeders, baffles should be fixed in place beneath the feeder. On hanging feeders, a tilting baffle at least 18 inches in diameter should be installed above the feeder. Make sure that baffles are several feet away from anything on the sides (trees) that squirrels can jump from. Also, make sure that pole-mounted baffles are high enough off the ground so the squirrels cannot leap over it.I have a school house bird feeder, the birds eat from a ledge that goes all around, I have 1 squirrel baffle,?
i have a feeder on a Shepard's hook too. in order to keep the squirrels and chipmunks off it i cover the pole in Vaseline so they can get a foot hold on it. you have to re-goop it every month

Report Abuse



what is the feeder on? a pole, a tree?

No comments:

Post a Comment