Monday, January 18, 2010

How do I keep squirrels from climbing on my bird feeders and eating all the feed?

I LOVE the squirrels so it doesnt bother me when they eat the seeds...I just buy more.


BUT..there are alot of things you can do.





I posted a web site that can help you.


:)How do I keep squirrels from climbing on my bird feeders and eating all the feed?
I just saw a product at Walfart that is a powder you sprinkle in the bird seed. Sfe for birds,squirrels stay away. Or soft air gun...lol j/kHow do I keep squirrels from climbing on my bird feeders and eating all the feed?
they make feeders that are squirrel proof I found them at walmart
Cover the feeders.
buy a squirell proof bird feeder (not the kind that fling the squirell) or set out peanuts and nuts elsewhere in your yard for the squirells
umm you dont ........they eat the same stuff so just get over it.
lol buy a bebe gun and make a example out of one of those suckers my father use to do it. oh we use to eat the squirrel for dinner lol no joke
Awwww.. poor squirrels are always left out. Give seperate bowl for them will ya?
Apply two or three rings of double-sided tape near the bottom of the pole or tree.
They make plastic things for that and they sell them everywhere. Like Walmart, hardware stores, etc.. Or you could just make your own by cutting out a circle of heavy plastic- like the bottom of a cheap pail, and putting it on the feeder post under the feeder. It makes the squirrel fall down.
You can check out this long guide at


http://birdfeeders.101freeguide.com/Squi鈥?/a>
Cut the bottom out of a plastic milk jug and put it midway between whatever the feeder is attached to and the feeder, with the open part facing the ground.
ok there is a special feeder called a squirrel proof feeder it flings the squirrel which can be entertaining but its like 60 $

No comments:

Post a Comment